The National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), a small business association, compiles a voting record for each member of the Oklahoma Legislature. They only use votes that directly impact small businesses in Oklahoma.
They announced on Friday, September 28, that Senator Roger Thompson-R, Okemah, has a 100% voting record on the issues NFIB supported in 2017-2018.
The 2017-2018 NFIB Oklahoma Voting Record includes legislation regarding:
• The sale of insurance across state lines
• Protecting businesses from website accessibility claims
• Holding trespassers liable for damages
• Agri-business exemption from federal truck log rules
• Privatization within state agencies
“At NFIB, we do not take this accomplishment lightly. It shows commitment to the survival and success of Oklahoma’s small-business economy,” said Jerrod Shouse, State Director of Oklahoma, “on behalf of NFIB members in Oklahoma, thank you for your support of small business.”
For more information about NFIB, please visit https://www.nfib.com